ExamTools—Checklist for Applicants
- When informed to do so go to ExamTools.org. Select ‘Join Exam Session’ on pop-up pane. Enter team identifier ‘KE4HAM’ and the PIN you received when you registered for the session. Wait for VE to authorize you to join the session.
- Click ‘Start XXXX Exam’, wait for VE to authorize starting the exam.
- Take the exam. Select desired answer by clicking the circle in front of the answer. When you are satisfied with your answers, click ‘Grade Test.’ Wait for VE to authorize the grading of your answers. You will be notified of passing or failing grade.
- If pass, you may elect to take the next higher class exam, or to finish and sign forms. If you select take the next test, wait for VE to authorize starting the next test. If you select finish and sign forms, you will be asked for an electronic signature. Make your mark in the signature box, and enter the PIN you received when you registered for the session.
- When you have signed, the VEs will authenticate your signature, test scores and application by adding their signatures.
- When the VEs have signed you will see a window telling you to log out. You have completed the exam.
- If you fail you may start another version of the test (note that there is an additional $15 charge) or you may inform the VEs that you are finished.