VEs—Get credentialed by ExamTools
- Go to ExamTools.org. In middle box ‘Assist with or manage exams’ click ‘Register Now.’ Enter email address and click ‘Verify email.’
- An email will be sent to the address you entered. Go to the email and retrieve the 6 digit confirmation code. Enter the code on the pop up screen and click ‘continue.’
- On the next pop up enter your call sign as your user name. Add your name and call sign, and select a password. NOTE—You will be using this password several times during an exam session, sometimes from the applicant’s or other VE’s device, so choose a password that is easy for you to remember.
- You will be taken to a pop up that gives some information. We have found that the Discord Chat is of marginal value, but it is available if you choose. Click ‘complete your profile.’
- On the User Profile pop up you may add a second email address (most do not), change password if necessary. The User Profile is available at any time you are signed in to ExamTools.
- You must provide an ‘official’ copy of your license. This is the same as you sent to the ARRL to receive your original VE credentials. Click ‘verify now.’
- On the pop up add the file name where the official copy resides. Below the file name add your ‘electronic signature.
- NOTE: ExamTools is somewhat particular about what you put in the box. ‘X X’ does not work, other symbols seem to. The good news is that the system ‘remembers’ your signature, even when using a different device by providing your username and password.
- Once ExamTools has verified your license, usually within one day, but occasionally longer, you will receive a confirming email. ALL VECs which have credentialed you will be added to your profile.
At this point, your registration is complete and you are ready to participate in exam sessions.