2023-03-14 Weekly SCHH Ham Club This and That
Items of interest
The role of telephone in early television
AT&T Archives: Stepping along with television
In 1949, this film was part of the very first hour of broadcasting following the linkup of the East Coast television networks to the Midwestern states.
FreeDV aims to bring open-source HF digital voice into the mainstream
There are two big ‘events ‘holidays’ this week: Pi day and St. Patrick’s day:
Meetings and activities
POTA and SCHHARC
Pinckney Island National Wildlife Refuge K-0265 March 18th 10:30 AM
- We are trying to keep this simple and fun!
- Plans are to have one HF CW/SSB station and a QRP digital station (by Dennis AC4DH),
- Set-up at the site is planned for 10:30 AM +/- on the 18th. We plan to be on the air around 11 AM +/- and operate for 2-4 hours depending on variables such as conditions, weather, etc.
- There may be some light snacks and some bottled water available. Feel free to bring whatever else you want or need or would like to provide for others to enjoy.
- We will have KE4HAM on 20m for sure and may go to 15m, 10m, and the WARC bands (12m and 17m) as well.
- We will plan to slot 15 – 30 minutes on 40m around Noon.
- If it is raining or the threat of any inclement weather is looming, we will postpone the activation. It looks like it will be raining on Saturday, but you never can tell around here.
- An email from the Club will be sent to all members by 9 AM on Saturday, March 18th if we are postponing the activation and NOT going to activate on March 18th. If anyone has questions about the event being “on” or “off”, they can call Harve at (267) 252-0166 that morning after 8:30 AM.
For information about POTA look at parksontheair.com
The next club meeting will be on April 6th at 7PM at the Lakehouse.
More information to follow.
The URL is https://www.ke4ham.org. If you notice any errors or have site-related questions, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sunday NET (8 PM) operates on 147.550 MHz simplex and Echolink node: KE4HAM – L
Wednesday Nets (8 PM) operates from KK4ONF/Jasper repeater, 147.060+ and Echolink node: KE4HAM-R
Daily — DX spotting and open chat 24/7 on 147.550 MHz simplex and the Jasper Repeater, 147.060+ (no Echolink).
AD5EN – SCHH Past President