2023-04-04 Weekly This & That Newsletter
Items of interest
Google earth repeater overlay
The link includes a download with step-by-step instructions.
Morse Code and music
Meetings and activities
We will look to activate KE4HAM on April 8th. at Pinckney Island National Wildlife Refuge.
Site: Boat Ramp Area on south side of Route 278.
- We are trying — even more than we did for Winter Field Day — to keep this simple and fun!
- Plans are to have one HF CW/SSB station and a QRP digital station (by Dennis AC4DH),
- Set-up at the site is planned for 10:30 AM +/- on the 8th. We’ll plan to be on the air around 11 AM +/- and operate for 2-4 hours depending on variables such as conditions, weather, etc.
- There may be some light snacks and some bottled water available. Feel free to bring whatever else you want or need or would like to provide for others to enjoy.
- We will have KE4HAM on 20m for sure and may go to 15m, 10m, and the WARC bands (12m and 17m) as well.
- We will plan to slot 15 – 30 minutes on 40m around Noon.
- If it is raining or the threat of any inclement weather is looming or due to other circumstances, we will postpone the activation.
- An email from the Club will be sent to all members by 9 AM on Saturday, April 8th, if we are postponing the activation and NOT going to activate on April 8th. If anyone has questions about the event being “on” or “off”, they can call Harve at (267) 252-0166 that morning after 8:30 AM.
Next luncheon will be a cookout at Lake Somerset on 12 April. A donation of $5 per person will be requested (cash preferred, and no CAM charges).
The next meeting will be on April 6th at 7 PM at the Lakehouse.
Frank Pollino, K2OS, will be presenting on Moon Bounce operation.
Meeting ID: 814 2438 3411
Sunday NET (8 PM) operates on 147.550 MHz simplex and Echolink node: KE4HAM – L
Wednesday Nets (8 PM) operates from KK4ONF/Jasper repeater, 147.060+ and Echolink node: KE4HAM-R
Daily — DX spotting and open chat 24/7 on 147.550 MHz simplex and the Jasper Repeater, 147.060+ (no Echolink).
AD5EN – SCHH Past President